“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” ~ Dr. Howard Thurman
What makes you come alive? I adore this question because it commands you to stop and look at your life honestly! Don’t be hard on yourself if the answer doesn’t come easily. We have been conditioned to do our work, feed our family and set our dreams on the back burner.
BUT just for today I will ask you this hard question,
“What makes YOU come alive?”
If you are not sure take your journal and answer the following questions!
- What do I like most about myself?
- What are three of my greatest strengths?
- My heart races faster when ____________!
- When I live in integrity I am easily able to _____________!
- What would make me excited to get out of bed each day?
- I know I can reach the stars, but what is stopping me from touching the moon?
- When someone writes my eulogy, what do I most want them to be able to say about my life?
- If I could start over …what would I become now?
- Who will benefit from me coming fully alive?
When you finish your journal and you have a clearer picture of what makes you come alive…go do that….Come Alive! I invite you to fully express yourself without worry of what others might think or say…this is true self-love.
“It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.” – Leonardo da Vinci